Sunday, October 15, 2006

Unbearable Lightness of Being (in Geylang)

Today...full, full day...Did many, many things...

Had my class, fingers pain..fish head curry, he's really kaypoh...never mind...

Oooh, visited a friend who gave birth. So cute the little thing...I like her...Hence, managed to catch up with long-lost buddies, I MISSED THEM!! Went over to fren's place for asar...realized that we lead freakishly similar lives albeit in totally contrasting ways...It's hard to explain but we keep doing things as if we planned it together but we actually make such decisions separately...We'd do it in different ways but somehow our paths will cross and we realize we're doing the same thing...It's just freaky, but in a good way...Hehehe..

Afterwhich, managed to get my qiji popiah for buka plus some weirdo fries from NY Pizza - Pedas gilerr....Should have come with a warning label....Erm, somehow, we figured that it'd be a brilliant idea to go to Geylang since it's not quite last ten days yet so still got time lah...Masih tak serik-serik...

Last year, we went Geylang, we wound up complaining about why we stepped into the place to begin with. Previous year, same thing. Previous, previous year, ditto. And that goes for all other previous years. This year, cripes...I cannot tahan the place...No wonder I told myself not to step into Geylang bazaar last year. It makes a lot of sense. Sheesh, those fries pushed every ounce of logic I may have had left out of my brain...Stooopid idea. Anyway, cannot tahan the place lah. Too crowded. Too noisy. Too everything. But, thankfully, my friends were there and if anything, I guess the whole experience was worth the while because we got to spend time with each other. I do miss them.

Sigh...remind me not to go Geylang again, ok?

(PS. I got new watch....It has been like what? 5 years since my last one? Hehehe...I like it...hehehe...)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Salams,

Me no like Geylang either.

Petiewie (like spit sound lah) hehe.


Cannot tahan the people and erm...the wrong intentions of being there. boo!

Anonymous said...

oi, you confuse geylang serai and geylang lorong lah dey!

but they're both packed with people though. don't. like. crowds.

Anonymous said...

No, I was talking about Geylang Serai...!

But you can include the other parts too now that you've mentioned it!

innercrap said...

I agree with Suraya. Any Geylang oso I don't like.