Friday, October 27, 2006

The Finale

Whoopiedoodles! My, my, my beautiful Friday...How are you? :OD

Anyway, it was sorta a half day thing at work yesterday so my colleagues and I decided to catch a show. I had some bits of things to finish up so the other folks went off first for lunch and I caught up with them later. Anyway, before this turns too narrative: I booked my holiday!!!

Bali, here we come. Hehehe...I don't quite know what came over us in that instance but the next thing we knew, we had booked a flight out to Bali. It's a little unnerving to think that we just did that with no second thoughts but no regrets. I want to go to Bali. I want to see the nature, the history, the everything. I want to know more about SEAsia. That has been my aim. I want to travel to all SEAsian countries and explore them. This region is incredibly fascinating. I think I wrote about it in my older blogs, if I were to get married (BIG IF), I want my honeymoon to be a sorta backpacker thing through a SEAsian country. I want that. Will it happen? Oh well...

Afterwhich, I got tickets to Puteri Gunung Ledang. My colleague was trying hard to suppress laughter as I told her about the tale of the Princess of Mt Ophir. To a certain extent, it is all a little over the top but when you scrape off the mumbo jumbo and spiritual bits, it's a telling tale of megalomania and the futility of certain things we do in life. I've watched, or tried to watch and read every version of the Princess I can come across. The thing is, I have a thing for legends (hence, my fascination with Bali and the rest of SEAsia) and myths. I don't really believe most of the crap but I do believe that there's a grain of truth behind each and every myth or at least a moral shared. So erm, let's see how the musical unfolds...

Last thing - The Prestige.

Brain-addling, mind-bending, jaw-dropping show that is everything it set itself out to be -It was a magic trick in itself. Or is it really trickery? Man, it's a brilliant show and yes, I can confirm that I am in "love" with Christian Bale. Sigh. I've liked the guy since Empire of the Sun and Little Women. Sigh...

Anyway, have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Salams,

Ohhhh, Bali! That would be noice!

My husband did his backpacking with his mates before we got married. He'd tell me the tales of backpacking to thailand on LAND. He said it took him a week to get there, stopping here and there. It sounded so fun and scary at the same time!

I made him promise me that he would take me to Thailand, backpacking style after we got married. Unfortunately, he thinks I whinge too much, lol.

Damn.

Anyway, we had our honeymoon @ Jogja, when the Merapi was just about to berapi, but then didn't. hehe. A month before the earthquakes too...it was nice!

Anonymous said...

alright, that's what i'm talking about!

i'd love to do all that too. haven't really done much to get travel out of my system.

innercrap said...

salams suraya and cm,

i'm just dreaming lah...the reality might potentially be very very different...

innercrap said...

But definitely looking forward to Bali...actually, just looking forward to get away lah...go Batam oso can...