Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Rainy Rhythms...

"Listen to the rhythm of the falling rain...Telling me just what a fool I've been..."

Mr Blanko made me laugh so hard today. Although you didn't mean to do so, heck, thanks a million, buddy!

You know that you have a weird day going for you when after so thoughtful (or so I thought) a consideration of potential weather hazards, I still managed to get myself utterly drenched. In the midst of it all, I kinda thought it was all a little funny and started to smile to myself which made me realize (after a little while) that even as I thought the day was weird, others thought I was even weirder...Oh well...I had fun.

You know, there's just something really calming about walking in the rain. I don't know about you but I used to love getting caught in the rain. I recall a time in my teens (macam lah aku tua sangat...) when we used to stay behind in school on Fridays for "CCA". Uhuh. Yup. It was definitely "just for CCA". Anyway, on Fridays, the Muslim dudes are supposed to be off to the mosque. There would naturally be some of the more ass-headed ones but those would usually steer clear of my budz and me (erm, we had a slight rep for being a little on the "garang" side and one friend in particular, was infamous for her very public putdown of any asshead who behaves like one. Seriously, one day, I'd give you a glimpse of my teenhood...It's, erm, it's a teenhood thing...) Well anyway, on one such fine Friday, there was this glorious downpour and yup yup, first thing we did, danced wildly in the rain. Erm, ok so "dance" may not quite be the word to use...We just jumped around and splashed water here there and everywhere...

It was all perfect but we forgot this one tiny detail - we had gotten tickets for this movie screening in school which was to be held in one of the North-pole-like lecture theatres...(Singapore has a bizarre obsession with keeping "cool"...Cold isn't cool.) So, yeah...we, the idiots of Singapore, proceeded to the venue, dripping wet and freezing cold...sat through the show...Now, I can't even recall the show and why is that? Oh duh...I was too busy trying not to pee and thinking warm thoughts so I don't turn into an icicle...So erm, needless to say, I lost my voice and caught a fever which meant that I had a fantastic weekend...

Movie ticket - $2.50 (cheapo LT version what...)
Doctor's medical fee - $25.00
Scolding from mum - Endless. (or so it seemed)
Memories - Priceless.

BYE!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i hope you're feeling better now.

i've not been feeling well myself but it's all my fault haha, so i can't complain.