Wednesday, October 18, 2006

make it a quarter

In several hours, I will officially be on my way to thirty. No more rounding down. No such thing. It's all up, up and away...

Seram seh.

Pejam celik, pejam celik, daaaahhh besar si budak tu...tak lama lagik, daaaaaaahhhh kahwin - typical, makcikfied response to any aging process of "the young ones".

Frankly, it's quite unnerving to note that I have well, and truly been forced to grow up. There is no such thing as pretending to be a teenager anymore. I'm grown up and it's freakishly scary.

Kinda makes u go back in time....so let's rewind now, shall we?

I remember my first memory: A freakishly cold bath. I think I had measles so some folks gave me an ice bath. So cold.

I remember wafer biscuits: Mum gave it to fren and I took it from him coz I was a brat. I got scolding. :O(

I remember ramadhan: Hehehe...curi kuih....

I remember guitar: "Lagu tiga kupang...saku penuh padi..." - Malay version of "Sing a song of sixpence"....it sounded cooler too...

I remember red-indian-ballerina: first drawing my pal taught me

I remember recorder: I sucked. Initially. :OP

I remember cartoons, toys and everything else: "I don't want to grow up, I'm a toys 'r' us kid"

I remember hopscotch, dog and bone and midnight sports: Aunt got super mad coz of chalky hopscotch and we got into trouble. Oops.

I remember syrup out of the window: "MOMMY! SOMEONE SPILLED SYRUP ON MY SHIRT! (downstairs neighbour)"...Erm...Did I do that?

I remember cats: Comel, Baby Candice, Mr Brown and Combi....

And dogs: "the yelping neighbour", the three legged Diamond, the gila-make-me-climb-monkey-bar one (that would never have happened had it not been for the dog) and how can i forget? the non-existent one that caused my bike to do a flip.

I also remember tears: Parents fought, Sis got into trouble, Bro and his temper...

And fears: PSLE, O-levels, A-levels, exams, stage fright, lost watch, religious teacher with cane, hospitals...

I remember guilt: Broke the vase, cut own hair etc.

I remember laughter: Asia Bagus the kiddy version, the cookie thing, karaoke after ngaji (don't ask) etc.

I remember death: Aunt, Uncle, friends...

I guess, there are millions of memories more to go...I've only just about scratched the surface of my childhood memories...Don't get me started on teenhood....That's just bizarre...

Things have really changed. Yet, I don't think I've really changed all that much at all. Funny.

BYE!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha, you're so funny lah. sometimes i wonder, do i know you? what you write about seems familiar.

innercrap said...

I doubt so. I don't recognize your face. And I'm definitely not lying coz puasa start oredi...

Anonymous said...

LoL.

I loike the syrup incident!

Which reminds me of what my husband did when he was a kid. He had a paper aeroplane and "macam real only" he decided that a burning fighter jet was cool.

He set it on fire...and threw it out the kitchen window to watch it crash downstairs.

The bad news was that it went into the house 2 storeys below and the house caught fire. lol. The firemen came but there was hardly any damage.

WHAT A DORK!

lol

innercrap said...

Hehehe...your hubby sounds like a joker...

The good ol' days of getting away with almost anything....