Friday, December 01, 2006

the "date"

Allo.

I just got back from my "date" and suffice to say that it was a blast.

As mentioned, I didn't get the flowers but I did bring enough epok-epok to feed the whole family. It was nice to see Cik X again after so long. She spoke to me of responsibilities and parenthood and stuff which kinda made me feel bad about how I behave towards my parents. It was kinda a good reminder lah.

My "date" was late but it was great once she turned up. She liked the dress and I finally got to give her her long overdue wedding gift. I didn't expect to get home so late but as it was, her hubby decided to join us once he knocked off from work and as such, we proceeded to Simpang Bedok for a late dinner. It was just whacky sitting down there and babbling and it kinda dawned on me how much I missed those times when we used to hang out that way at various places some time back.

They finally 'fessed up that they, or rather, my idiotic adik angkat did try to matchmake me once upon some time ago. I knew it at that stage and today simply confirmed it. I've said it once and I'd say it again - DO NOT ATTEMPT TO MATCHMAKE ME. I recall that pathetic attempt. I refused to speak to the guy and basically ignored him most of the time precisely because I knew they (my "darling" friends) were up to something.

Another thing is, I dunno why lah but she (my "date") is the third person who thinks that I probably will not marry a local. I do not know why. What am I? Alien? Mana lah aku nak cari non-local? Kan ke merepek? Ntah lah...Jodoh pertemuan's not in my hands anyway. I'd just live as I always have and in time, things will happen when they're supposed to.

On another note, my mother thinks I have a bf. She has not said it out loud but it's so duh oredi lah. Kesian mummy dearest. She seriously thinks that I'm hiding something from her. Dia tak tahu yang anak dia ni betul betul takde masa untuk berdating-dating. Dia pon tak sedar anak dia ni ada sikit biol. Manalah ada orang yang sanggup buang masa ngan orang yang tak stabil ni? Haiseh mother, rilek ah...Gua swinging single lah...

***
Anyway, today was nice so hmmm, I'd just post three things that made me happiest:

1. Seeing "date" and family plus hubby and hanging out till midnight.

2. Getting to pet the eksyen terror cat which was so damn adorable.

3. The long bus ride and long walk that helped calm my nerves and gave me a sense of peace for a while. I needed that alone time for a bit.

***

6 comments:

Goat Almighty said...

achery, till now i still have people wanting to matchmake me. i actually let them. i don't find the concept revolting at all.

innercrap said...

it's not the concept. it's the choices made.

Goat Almighty said...

you don't have to agree to every one of em. or just get involved in the process from the start. tell them your ahem, specifications, for want of a better word.

Goat Almighty said...

i think your bear has a big nose.

innercrap said...

i know...it's a little nosy too.

innercrap said...

problem is, most are "sprung" macam surprises...gila kapa? and getting involved in the process is too much of a hassle. at this point, no thank you lah...i got other issues to deal with.