Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Home

Finally!

Blogger's been acting up on me. Asal? Merajok? Ish, ish...

Anyway, been ultra lazy lately. Perhaps, it's a side effect of holidays. On the other hand, it could be the rain. Then again, I could just be cooking up excuses.

Let's try to pick up from where I left off, shall we?

Oh yeah, came back from KL. It was a fun trip. Though, you could say that I had two completely different experiences within that same holiday. You see, I had gone up earlier with 4 others on Thursday while the other three folks joined us on Saturday (ard midnight). The weekenders were essentially there for shopping while the rest of us wanted a holiday of sorts.

Hence, the first two days were rather relaxing whereby we didn't exactly have any kinda plan. We just went with our gut feelings and just erm, whacked it. We were torn between Sunway Lagoon, Genting or Berjaya but somehow or other managed to come to a decision at 8.30 am the following day that we were set on Genting. This is about half an hour before the bus thing was set to depart for Genting. So erm, yeah, last minute decision as always. But hell, it was fun. Oodles of fun. I've not been to an amusement park since I was 18 or was it 19? That would mean a good 6-7 years back. But I do remember the adrenaline rush of being on Cadbury and the viking. Somehow or other, didn't quite get that at Genting. It was kinda swingish most of the time. I guess the closest thing you can get to feeling that rush was on the Thumper thing that kinda dropped u from way up high. But even that only lasted a grand total of 2 seconds when I felt my butt being jolted out of my seat as the thing "dropped" us. But, it was a lot of fun and Genting's got some real pretty sights and the weather's pretty lovely. No blistering hot sun and that was kinda nice.

Well, the next two days were quite simply shopping days and erm, my planner friends went about detailing our shopping route with the focus of a military general on the eve of battle. It was hectic trying to keep up but honestly, I didn't really have much to buy so for most parts, I kinda hung out on my own and hunted out cd shops and bookstores. Yes, I am THAT boring. I did almost get lost a couple of times because of my gatal-sendiri solo trips but all is well. Ultimately, I did buy stuff lah though the bulk of it were gifts for my family such as chocolates, candles and other decorative stuff.

Speaking of decorative, I came across this place called "Arch" which sold what were essentially decorative stuff made of wood and they were so pretty. There were models of kampungs, intricate wood engravings etc. Nice place and come to think of it, the sales dude was pretty cute. Oh well.

Well, I'm back in Singapore. I can't say that I'm horribly upset about it but neither can I say that I'm thrilled. There is this heaviness that seems to have settled in quite nicely and I can't seem to shake it off. But that's another tale to tell.

For now, at least I'm home.

2 comments:

Goat Almighty said...

uh huh. i know that feeling.

Goat Almighty said...

how is it going?