Sunday, December 03, 2006

one, two, three...

Went to Geylang to look for something. Didn't quite get it. Damn it. (Geylang's real different without the bazaars...hmmm) So, got some sappy love story instead. Mummy dearest said that it's nice so since I've been quite a donkey lately, I went ahead and got it. Even though, I know I'm not going to like it much. I hate tearjerkers. Especially overloaded types...like "hikmah" and most other sinetrons, serials etc...aiyah..never mind..think of the message...the message...(ooh...the message's a good film...not the messenger, mind you. we're not doing french history/myth here...)

Went on to Bugis. Didn't find the other thing I was looking for. Crap.

But...all is not lost...

I found me my bag. Salesperson was real sweet too...she kinda let me use her discount or something... hehehe....shhhhh...jangan bilang orang...rahsia....(on second thought, did i have that "pity-me" label on my face again?!)
And another thing, I've been on a crazy reading spree of sorts...and I'm in the fantasy phase of things...so, erm...got me three new books...actually, should count them as one coz they're part of a trilogy.

Well, see here...I've just recently completed Eragon and Eldest. I'm not going to say that they're the best of reads but I like dragons and talking ones with conscience are pretty cool. (But seriously, the author's got to make himself more unique the next time he attempts fantasy...for a young dude, it's forgivable but no more...Tolkien is Tolkien and Middle-earth and all the connecting histories are his...Don't try to be a Tolkien. But oh well...)

So...I've just embarked on a new world...this time, that of magicians...starting with "The Magician's Guild" by Trudi Canavan. So far, so good...but heheh...the cutest thing I've come across today would be the book flip...It's just so cool...you see, there are two parts to the flip...one's a clip of sorts while the other's this dangly string...soooo...what you do is to clip the flip to the spine of your book and use the string as a the bookmark...that way...you will never lose your bookmark...isn't that clever? at least, i think so....:OP...i did mention that small things amuse small minds, didn't I?

Anyway, my 3 happy thingies...

1. My books...
2. Bus rides....
3. My bookflip

(For more information on bookflips, feel free to check out bookflip.com)

No comments: