Saturday, December 02, 2006

sorry

Aiseh man...I was in Marina yet again. Only consolation is that I did not go to Suntec. Tapi ini muka ada plaster "city hall".

Anyway, went to work. It was just merepek. All those I needed to see weren't around so, bummer. My colleague cum friend was late so I went off first and waited for her for about 90 mins or so at Delifrance. You see, we were supposed to dash off together to "prepare" for our Bali trip. No big deal lah...I got to read my book so erm...that was fine.

Anyhow, we finally managed to scoot off and so we did. Spent ages deciding on friggin' stationery and erm, by the time we started to "prepare", the shop was closing so we did what we could - troop down to Esplanade. Erm, lady singing to crowd wasn't that great but oh well...

This is where we had quite a long conversation. About insecurities, marriage, support, sorrow etc. Along the way, I kinda realized how we often overlook things that are at hand while pining for those that are not. However, we forget that the overlooked are the ones that give us the support that we sorely need and look to. For example, in a class of 30 - 40. The naughty ones will stand out. Those will give you the heartache and yet those are the ones you try the darnednest to "win over" or at least "control". However, when you feel that things are just falling apart, you kinda look to the "stable" ones to keep you stable...I mean, that's for me lah...So erm, yah...

Aiyah...at this moment, I'm just too tired to think really...so erm...bye!

***
3 things that made me happy yesterday -

1. Having a brownie with ice cream.

2. Sitting by the water thing at Esplanade and just talking.

3. The bus ride home.

2 things I have learnt from today -

1. Realizing that you can't empathize with everything and everyone but you can definitely try to understand. (If you have not lived through something, empathizing feels rather superficial and can be pretty insulting to the person going through the trauma...but heck...)

2. I hide my insecurities behind my ego and it hurts others. I'm sorry.

***

No comments: