Tuesday, December 26, 2006

kimchi, anyone?

I'm trying to come clean. :OP

I don't get it. When I'm not actually "blogging", I seem to have a million things to say or write yet when I'm actually presented with the opportunity to babble happily, I seem to lose focus. Which leads to such mundane thoughts that I'm a little freaked to think that perhaps, that's all my brain's got to offer. Loser.

Heck lah.

Eh...I've been watching a lot of Korean dramas lately. And no, not jewel in the palace. I watch more mundane stuff such as Princess Hours, My Girl etc. So erm, let's just figure something out together now....You know it's a Korean drama when:

1. The female lead's a poverty-stricken shrew and the male lead's a filthy-rich jackass.
2. In spite of shrew factor, female lead always wins heart of jackass's superhunky, too-perfect-to-be-true buddy, also known as Mr Perfect or Mr P, for short.
3. In spite of jackass factor, male lead is actually ultra sweet and being jackassish only because he was in love with some superhot, ultra-cool (hmmmm...) Babe who will eventually fall for him only after figuring out that shrew could potentially be a source of competition for jackass's attention.
4. Shrew and Jackass will always hook up very early in the show but for very unromantic reasons.
5. Shrew and Jackass cannot seem to split up effectively until they have actually fallen in love. Warped concept but hell, I'm not the script writer.
6. There will always be a "makeover" scene where Shrew will be made to look even better than Babe and Jackass, being a jackass will have his jaws dropped and drool dripped. OK, I made the last bit up but something to that effect.
7. Shrew will ALWAYS fall sick and Jackass will ALWAYS look after sick Shrew.
8. Shrew eats like as though there's no tomorrow but looks as though she's been starving her life away. High metabolic rate seems to be a prerequisite.
9. Shrew and Jackass will be jerks to each other but no one else.
10. Shrew will be unshrewified and "normalized" and Jackass will eventually turn into Mr Wuss by the end of the show.

Gist of it:
Girls, become a shrew and then unshrewify yourself.
Boys, be an arse and then wussify yourself.

Moral of the Story:
People fall in love with imperfect individuals as long as they look perfect. In fact, the more questionable your character, the better your chances at finding "bliss". Uh-huh.
Oh....and another thing, there'a always a wuss in every jackass.


And yet, in spite of it all, I'm hooked on them. WTF???

To save my sould, I've been making sure I get a healthy dosage of other shows - The Nanny. But then again, isn't Fran Fine also a shrew? Hmmm....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eh, I watch K dramas too. And speaking of Princess Hours, the second season will be a totally new story, revolving around a guy this time. Some hot hunk called Se7en. :-P

And Covenant was craplah. Did not even come close to Craft.

Suhaila

innercrap said...

oooh....yeah, i know....but it seems that there might be two sequels...separate but the same...one will be completely new version under same company while the other will be a "proper" sequel with same actors/actresses whenever possible. frankly, i prefer the idea of just starting afresh...PH was good while it lasted.

Goat Almighty said...

oh cripes... *rolleyes* can't believe what i'm reading.

anyway yeah, i watched the covenant too. hugely disappointing. it was just about a boyband with magic powers.

they did a good job with the trailer. fooled half the world's population there.

innercrap said...

believe man coz it's been written.

gee...thank goodness i didn't waste me money.